Saturday 16 May 2015

PPP: UPDATED ONLINE PRESENCE

Reflecting back earlier on in the year about the online presence and social media I wanted to utilise I decided to revisit the list of items that I though best defined my practice and update my identity onto these and reflect on the outcome of doing this.

Behance

My goal was to update my behance to get my name out there more and overall have a more professional presence on this platform.




(Before)








(After)

In doing this I have got an increase of followers, appreciations, creatives contacting me to collaborate and even had my work featured on a renowned behance blog! This has been a goal I set out to earlier on in the year and I am very happy that I have achieved this. I will continue to use this outlet as way of online communication and keeping building my online presence.


Twitter

Twitter has been a great outlet for myself to make contacts with my established identity I have now transferred this onto there for consistency, alongside a snippet of some of my work from my portfolio.









I regularly tweet about design events I am going to, ones i'm hosting and even receive testimonials from clients about the work I have produced for them which is great for my practice! 


Instagram

I wanted to utilise Instagram more to update my follows on what I get up to, I post regular updates now of upcoming projects or behind the scenes imagery to keep them informed of my practice.







In doing this I have had a lot more studio's, art directors and graphic designers follow and commenting on my work, which has been really beneficial in regards to networking!

Linkedin

I set up a Linkedin account in first year, which was referred to by John and this has been a really good outlet for networking and posting work or jobs. 



For Linkedin I decided to keep a personal photo as I think the tone of voice of this website is more relaxed and decided this online outlet didn't need updating for that aspect. I still and continue to connect with people on this platform/


Vimeo

(before)


For my proposed online presence I wanted to utilise vimeo to showcase my art directorial skills and upload videos from projects I have worked on. 





My original profile didn't dictate my practice enough so with my presence established I decided to transfer it across this medium adding my logo and my personal statement as a designer.


 

(after)


From my original presence my updated version is more professional and give my audience another outlet into my practice and more refined idea on what I am about. The consistency across web based channels enhances my personal identity also.


Overview

I have now capitalised on my online presence through branding it and extending it further with additional information about myself as a designer and letting my audience know more about me and my life. In doing this I have made a stepping stone in establishing myself in the design community and I feel that it's been successful so far, when I leave I will continue to keep people up to date with what I am doing to ensure a bigger following.

No comments:

Post a Comment